Blogging Tips Day 2- Backing Up Posts

This is the first of six blogging tips that I will be posting to celebrate Custom Blog Designs first birthday. Yesterday I posted how to backup your template, today we are looking at posts.

1- Click on Settings
2- Click Export blog
3- DO NOT DELETE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!

This will back up all posts you have, not just today's posts. Obviously you'd want to back them up from time to time to make sure you get current posts.

OK...how easy was that? You can also import blog posts (which you might want to do if you start a new blog and want to move posts over.) The Blogger Buzz has a more in depth post about exporting/importing posts. Check it out here.

7 compliments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

I don't know if I did the backing up template right.. oh well.. will see..
Can't hurt anything..
Have a great day..
need to seriously clean,laundry and go back to Costco. couldn't get everything in the cart..lol.
Hugs..

Mommy's Kitchen said...

Hi and thank you for posting this information. I have been trying to figure out how to back up my blog for several months. I know how to do the template but that was as far as i got. I just did the back up posts, my ? is when i go to settings and hit export blog then choose download blog the box pops up to save well it only had todays post date on it. So does that mean it only backed up todays post 2/16/09??? or all blog posts? How do i back up all my posts from my blog? or was that it?

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Good question, Mommy. It will back up all your posts up until the moment you export. I added that info to the post.

Michelle said...

I had no idea that you can back up your post. I'm going to make sure and do this. Thanks for the great info.

Mommy's Kitchen said...

Thanks for answering my ?. I did go and open the file and i saw all the posts. How can you back up all your photos on each post? I am so glad at least I finally figured out how to do each post, so thanks bunches. I have been doing a blogger search with no answer and look it was easy as this. LOL

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Custom Blog Designs! I hope you like what you see.

Thanx for your comment!

 

Blog Button

Custom Blog Designs

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Followers

Loading...